Sunday, February 13, 2011

Can't let the day go by...

...without noting that we're in the midst of our annual annivaliversary celebration here at Upper Left World Headquarters. Yep, my brilliant and beautiful best friend became the Brilliant and Beautiful Bride of Upper Left 24 years ago this very day, which was 21 years after we met and about 18 years after the first time she said yes when I popped the question.

Life interevened while we were making those plans, but I can't help think we may not have survived so many years together had it not been for some of those years apart. At any rate, I'm grateful for every year, every day, we've shared, and for every one to come.

Happy Annivaliversary, Sweetheart. I love you.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Terry Parkhurst said...

Knowing the groom as I do, I think you both were blessed.

Congratulations for achieving what many Baby Boomers haven't been able to pull off. Getting married is as easy as saying "I do." Staying married requires committment, love and hard work.

The people who came up with the term "free love" didn't understand that love is unconditional, but it takes work and committment to keep a marriage going. You two are testimony to that.

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home