Friday, January 28, 2011

I don't have a vote…

...on the State Central Committee anymore, but if I did I'd vote to retain Dwight Pelz as Chair of the Washington State Democrats. Given the national climate last year, holding all but one open seat in the US House and keeping our Democratic majorities in Olympia made the 2010 cycle another net positive for Democrats in the upper left under Dwight's leadership.

I expect that will be the outcome without my help, but there is a challenge from Whatcom County Chair Natalie McClendon. Her chances of an upset are, I think pretty well indicated by this...
"It is more than a symbolic gesture. "I've gotten a lot of support from people. I've been calling around to central committee members. I'm not a veteran strong-arm campaigner. People have asked, what's your vote count? … I don't know."
If you don't know, Natalie, I'm pretty sure that it's roughly "not nearly enough."

I actually have been a voter in a few of these things, and experience tells me that winners know.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home