Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's a dark and stormy day…

…in the upper left, with a "Pineapple Express" due to bring several inches of rain down on us, but there's a ray of light shining on Upper Left World Headquarters. With the help of Andrew and Carl, donations have been coming in and, while we're far from out of the financial fix we've fallen into, some immediate needs have been met and there's a little reserve in the PayPal account. Might even be able to pay a bill or two.

As I've mentioned in comments, that little financial toe-hold is a huge emotional lift for the Brilliant And Beautiful Bride of Upper Left and me. It's certainly solidified my resolve to keep this blog up and running in most any way possible. If I lose power, I'll blog by battery. If the phone goes, I'll go find a hot spot somewhere. Whatever happens, keep coming back, because I will. It's the best way I can think of to say thanks.

Again, the gory details that started this off are here. If you haven't had the chance, and you have the ability, please consider chipping in via the PayPal link here.

And thanks again. And again and again and again...

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Janet Way said...

Dear Shaun,
I sincerely hope you can find some resources soon. I know how it is, a haven't much to offer sadly.

Many of us are trying very hard to scrape pennies together and keep blogging.

My condolences on the hard times. Hope things improve soon for all of us.

Janet

9:09 AM  
Blogger Shaun said...

Thanks, Janet. That "if you have the ability" bit is the biggest hurdle, I know. It's not like we're alone here at the bottom of the barrel. Knowing there are folks out there that care about us and that value the blog counts for a lot, though. Thanks for you thoughts and kind words. And keep blogging! The work you're doing is (ahem) of paramount importance!

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home