Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Help a guy out here?

No, not that. The Blogiversary Begathon is over (though the PayPal link is always active). Something else.

I've used Bloglines as my RSS reader about as long as I've been writing this blog, but Bloglines is going offline in a few days. I've got my feeds loaded into the Google reader as a lifeboat, but I'm not crazy about it.

So, what do y'all use? Have any Bloglines refugees out there found a new home that's similar in look and operation?

Help a guy out. Thanks.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger stefani said...

Wish I could help. I went from Bloglines to Google Reader. I have gotten used to it. I stayed because I didn't want to have to go thru exporting all my blogs, again. Hope you find a reader that works for you.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Terry Parkhurst said...

Goofy as it might sound, I post as many pieces as I can from Automatter at Facebook. That seems to help generate some traffic. There's reportedly a way to automatically do that, according to Typepad's Six Apart Media; but I've never figured out how to do that.

I also don't know how you'd create a Facebook account for Upper-left; but some companies, large and small, GM and Ford for example, seem to do pretty well with that. People become "fans" of those accounts, and the word gets out, so to speak. There's also a chance for interactivity, via that methodology.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Terry Parkhurst said...

Ei., the Automatter posts go under my personal account. So you too might want to set up a Facebook account - if you haven't already - and then post the links to your pieces at Upper-Left, at Facebook. Heck, you might end up with a 1,000 or so friends; people you actually have met will link others to you and so it goes. It's an interesting phenomenon. I only have about 95 friends there and that's plenty for me. I've connected with some people I'd lost track of, over the past 10 to 20 years. I don't know that with traditional forms of communication that would have happened, without a dectective or fate intervening.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home