Friday, October 16, 2009

Obamanist indoctrination.

The President talks to school kids again...
Now, just from meeting the young people here today I can tell that there are so many bright, smart, promising students here. But, you know, there are a lot of distractions out there. A lot of you think, well, you know, I don't want to study -- I'm just going to play basketball. Or, I don't want to study, I'm going to be a rap star.

I want all of you to know that the most important thing you can do for yourselves and for your community and for your country is to work hard in school and to treat each other with respect -- and treat yourself with respect. Because I'm confident that if you all work very hard, then there's no reason why you can't be a doctor or a lawyer. There's no reason why you can't be the Secretary of Education or a principal of a school. There's no reason why you can't be a congressman or a senator -- maybe you can be the President of the United States.
The perennial bromide of "work hard, stay in school and you can do anything" has never had a more authoritative voice. Creating a platform for that voice is one of the important things we accomplished last year that we often forget to celebrate in the shadow of "big" issues.

Well said, Mr. President. Thank you.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home