Saturday, August 01, 2009

He's talking about birthers…

…but James Vega explains a lot more than that when he notes that the problem is...
...that the creature the official conservative/Republican movement has nurtured all these years has broken out of the laboratory and is beginning to ravish the countryside.
Was a time, in my own personal memory, that a Republican wasn't required to swear fealty to a patently un-American ideology. Proud Democratic partisan that I am, I'm a bit nostalgic for those days, back when Dan Evans tossed the Birchers out of the WA GOP, and Rocky had a voice and a following in Republican ranks.

I'm not sure there's a viable return to legitimacy in the Republican future, but its existence in the past is evidence that it's possible, I suppose. Until then, like I always say sometimes...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home