Saturday, April 19, 2008

Really?

Senator Clinton...
“I don’t want to show up and give one of these whoop-de-do speeches and, you know, and just kind of get everybody whipped up," she said, "and those [of you who are for me] feel great and, you know, try to convince some of you to be for me.”
Why, I wonder? I mean, assuming a political candidate could make such a speech (and many can't), why wouldn't you want to to make your supporters feel great and convince others to come aboard? What else is a stump speech for, anyway? Or is every Clinton appearance supposed to be a policy address?

I know it's intended as a slap at Obama, reinforcing the "he's just a speech" meme, but in fact it's either just silly or a tacit admission that she can neither encourage her supporters nor attract support on the stump. Leaves me wondering why she would show up at all.

If that comment prompts a "Why?", then this observation certainly merits a "Why not?"...
Clinton refrained from criticizing the Republican frontrunner John McCain, and instead shared a story about their accommodations when they traveled overseas together.
I'll leave it to the Conspiracy theorists to sift the tea leaves for evidence of a new unity ticket.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home