Monday, March 24, 2008

An Upper Left Endorsement.

My longtime online friend from another venue, Sharon Fisher, has filed for House Seat 21-A in the Idaho Legislature. I've followed Sharon's views and adventures via The Well for about 13 years, and she's just the kind of person I'd want representing me in the State House if I didn't already have two fine (and perfectly safe) Democratic State Reps already on the job.

Sharon's a certified community planner, journalist, Democratic activist and blogger - a perfect blend of the grassroots, the netroots and real expertise in the kinds of issues legislatures struggle with. Since it's not likely my own representatives will need any help, I'm making Sharon's campaign a cross-border adoptee for the duration. She's challenging in a currently Republican seat. She's the only Democrat on the ballot, while the incumbent has drawn a primary challenge on the GOP side.

She's off too a good start, drawing raves from Idaho's lefty blog blogosphere. Under the heading "great news," Red State Rebels makes note of that expertise...
Sharon Fisher, who really knows her way around the statehouse, has stepped up to the plate in District 21.
Tara Rowe at Political Game writes...
I'm very happy to see Sharon Fisher throwing her hat into the ring.
I'm very happy to see that kind of rapid postive response to Sharon's filing. You'll be hearing more. Contact and donation information ASAP.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home