Friday, January 04, 2008

Me too.

Charles Pierce...
As to Obama, well, I'm still waiting. He gives a good speech and he plainly can get people off the parliamentary side of their arse. However, after seven years of God Told Me To Screw This Up, and people telling me that it's the president's job to "protect" me and my family -- Give me a break. I wouldn't hire the incumbent to park my car -- I am very wary of messianic appeals to the better angels of my nature. I don't want reconciliation with this party full of vandals until we have truth first.
Yep. I'm more in the mood for a tribunal than a truce.

On the other hand, Atrios...
And then those of us in the cheap seats think that there's no way all of those new/young voters show up to vote in Iowa, that Obama's inclusive rhetoric doesn't have the appeal he imagines, etc.. etc... And then he pulls it off. Maybe he does know what he's doing.
Maybe.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home