Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Umm, John?

Fix this.
Between campaign appearances last week, as he rode through eastern Iowa in his campaign van, Mr. Edwards declined to answer whether he would support Mrs. Clinton.

ā€œIā€™m not willing to talk about that at this point,ā€ he said, waiting silently until the next question was asked.
I get the reluctance to envision outcomes other than victory and all that, but that's just the wrong answer, and you know it. Obama got the answer just right...
"I am a Democrat, and I would support the Democratic nominee," he said. With a smile, he added, "I intend it to be me."
The Edwards campaign would do well to adapt that answer to their purposes, and John Edwards should use the debate stage on Thursday to affirm that all of our options are better than any of theirs. If I didn't think he believed that, I wouldn't be in his camp, but he needs to say it out loud now.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home