Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sometimes I wish…

…that I didn't know what they're doing to my Army…
FORT MONROE, Va. -- The US Army, struggling to cope with stepped-up operations and extended deployments of its soldiers to Iraq, has shortened the duration of several of its bedrock training courses so that troops can return to fighting units on the front lines more quickly, according to senior training officials.

One training course that is considered the "first step" in educating newly minted sergeants -- the noncommissioned officers considered the backbone of Army units -- has been cut in half to 15 days. Meanwhile, an intensive program designed to prepare young officers for advanced leadership has been compressed from eight months to less than five months so that the Army can fill positions in constant demand from commanders in the Middle East.
…because I hate it so much. Still, I appreciate Fixer keeping me posted. I may not want to know, but we all need to know.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home