Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Credit where it's due.

Senator Clinton...
“I’ve known Joe Lieberman for more than thirty years. I have been pleased to support him in his campaign for re-election, and hope that he is our party’s nominee,” the former first lady said in a statement issued by aides.

“But I want to be clear that I will support the nominee chosen by Connecticut Democrats in their primary,” the New York Democrat added. “I believe in the Democratic Party, and I believe we must honor the decisions made by Democratic primary voters.”
Probably the most significant non-monetary contribution a Clinton has ever made to building the Democratic Party. Small penance for the substantial damage of Clintonism, perhaps, but an important, and, frankly, bold move by Hillary.

I know that Russ Feingold beat her to it. Anyone else? Because the question of respect for the Democratic electorate promises to become a litmus test for Democratic Senators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home