Saturday, April 15, 2006

And then there were seven…

...with yet another Marine sounding off...
The grievances aired by half a dozen retired flag officers in recent days resonated with many military veterans. "I admire those who have stepped forward, and I agree with the arguments they are making," retired Marine Lt. Gen. Paul K. Van Riper said in an interview yesterday. "I count myself in the same camp."


Let's see, two Silver Stars, the Legion of Merit, Bronze Star Medal with Combat “V”, Purple Heart, Meritorious Service Medal, Joint Service Commendation Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Navy Achievement Medal and the Combat Action Ribbon with gold star. Yep, the General's a stud.

Of course, the other side's got their own generals. Problem is, they're just as nuts as the boss...
Retired Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney, a military analyst for Fox News and the Weekly Standard, on war in Iran: “I can lay out a campaign today that will take Iran down very quickly.” McInerney on war in Iraq in 2002: “[I]t will be a war that is shorter than” the 1991 Gulf War, which lasted 42 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home