Thursday, March 30, 2006

Okay, then...

...I seem to have been singularly unsuccessful in convincing my tolerant if not adoring readership that a contribution to Darcy Burner would be an excellent way to commemorate my natal anniversary. A suitable commemoration feast was held, capped by a Bananas Foster ice cream pie in lieu of cake. The Elder Daughter of Upper Left and her Adorable Partner joined us, and brought along some loot (I shared the big box of turquoise Peeps™. Honest, I did.)

The Brilliant and Beautiful Bride of Upper Left tracked down the Hawaiian shirt with woody wagons that I've been looking for. It's a beaut...



Woodies, a volcano, a beach shack, great colors. Thanks again, sweetie.

I take some solace in noting that Darcy Burner's aggregate contributions via ActBlue have finally passed the thousand dollar mark (I hope Carl got some of the action). Really, though, if the northwest netroots is going to get the kind of attention from northwest campaigns we sometimes clamor for, we've got to do better. The total should be several times that.

There's still time to make a difference for the quarter and to help Darcy make her DCCC match. That kind of attention from the D-trip will generate attention elsewhere, too. This is a big deal. I know begging is irritating, but really, do what you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home