Thursday, October 20, 2005

I suppose it's everywhere now…

…but I saw it first at Big Brass Blog.



I agree with Pam. It's a cheat without the little sign. Some colorful prison overalls would have been a nice touch, too.

Actually, it reminds me of some cracker from a half a century ago, grinning as he goes before an all-white jury on a civil rights rap, confident of acquittal on the basis of his red neck and lily white ass.

I'm not at all sure such arrogance is helpful in this case. The charges were brought by two grand juries of Texas citizens, via a local prosecutor. Taking down a crooked pol is as American as apple pie. On top of that, everyone may not take felony indictments seriously, but judges and prosecutors do, and any sign of flippancy or disregard for the process could lead to a bumpy road in court.

I mean, I can hope, can't I.

Of course, if he was so damn confident, why did he chase around the state looking for a low profile police station instead of facing the music at home?

Anyway, the arrogant little bug has to be in court tomorrow. If he brings that cocky grin with him, who knows, he could be in a contempt cell for the weekend.

Yeah, yeah. Hope springs eternal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home