Saturday, March 12, 2005

And then I saw...

When the Brilliant and Beautiful Bride of Upper Left and I set out on our winter adventure in the Southwest, I really only had one concrete goal - to give a big hug and kiss to the Absolutely Adorable Grandaughter of Upper Left (have I mentioned that she's the smartest and most beautiful child in the world?).

The 3BUL had other ideas, though, and I'm happy to report her ideas prevailed. She wasn't about to let me cruise past some of the world's most amazing natural wonders without stopping, and first on her list was Bryce Canyon National Park.

I have to admit that the Park wasn't really on my radar at all before she brought it up, but it was well worth the investment of time. Winter conditions closed some trails and viewpoints, but there was more than enough open to produces several hours of oohs and ahs as the beauty of the Park was revealed.

I don't know where this path led, exactly, but the 3BUL is sitting on the top rail of the fence that lined it. It was kind of fun to see some real snow during a Northwest drought year...



The main attractions are the 'hoo-doos,' towers carved by the elements, gathered in vast stone gardens.



There was plenty of pretty country on the way down, but Bryce Canyon was the first big scenic stop before pushing on to Arizona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home