Monday, December 13, 2004

Like I said...

I've had my differences with this secretary of defense, and I have been very clear on it.

I don't like the way he has done some things. I think they have been irresponsible. I don't like the way we went into Iraq. We didn't go into Iraq with enough troops. He's dismissed his general officers. He's dismissed all outside influence. He's dismissed outside counsel and advice. And he's dismissed a lot of inside counsel and advice from men and women who have been in military uniforms for 25 and 30 years.
Wait a minute. I didn't say that!

Well, I've said something like it, but those are the words of Senator Chuck Hagel, Republican of Nebraska, proving that everyone on their side isn't all wrong about everything all the time.

(credit Dr. Atrios with the tip)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home