Wednesday, July 28, 2004

It's official.

John Glenn put John Kerry over the top when he cast Ohio's vote, officially cinching the nomination with 2242 votes, and lots more to come. It's not quite unanimous. At the tip-over point, there were 31 Kucinich holdouts on record. It doesn't matter.

We won.

Yep, I'm taking a moment to gloat. Gee, was it just a few months ago that Deaners were wondering aloud why John Kerry, big loser that he was destined to be, should just yield to the inevitable and drop out of this thing altogether?

Well guess what. We won. We won with the finest Democratic nominee of my adult political life. A man I really believe will be the finest President of my lifetime.

Was it just this past winter that people laughed at me when I wrote about an impending Iowa surprise?

Well, we won. John Kerry won, so we all win.

Even the folks who weren't aboard then. We're in the same boat now, and we've got a terrific skipper.

Yeah, I'm gloating, but really, no hard feelings. It was a good, tough fight. It made John Kerry a better candidate. It makes the victory a little sweeter.

We won.

Wow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home